C.F. Smith Co.
C.F. Smith was a grocery chain in the Detroit area that operated from 1910 into the 1950s. The buildings we explored were clearly a warehouse set up to store items for the chain. As with so many buildings like this, they had clearly seen a number of uses over the years before finally falling in to disrepair.
Metropolitan Building
Built in 1924, the Metropolitan was a typical downtown Detroit office building.
The Rudolph Wurlitzer Company
The former offices of the Rudoph Wurlitzer company which produced jukeboxes, organs, electric pianos and various other wood, stringed, and brass instruments.

Commercial


Commercial structures including company headquarters, office buildings, and light manufacturing. Despite the modern trend towards the construction of soulless cube-farms, many older commercial structures were much more ornate, attempting to convey a sense of grandeur and continuity to customers.