IMG_1476a.jpg

The buildings we entered were mostly empty with many interior doors being welded shut and making movement more difficult. Corridor after corridor of empty rooms was all we found. The most striking thing about the inside, much like the outside, was considering just how many people actually lived here when the hospital was in operation. The hospital peaked at 9,300 patients in 1954.