Sisters of Notre Dame Convent


This convent was constructed in 1888 to house the Sisters of Notre Dame convent. It was enlarged in 1901 with the addition of a third floor and roof terrace. It is associated with a huge basilica which is still in use today, but the convent itself has been abandoned for 2 or 3 decades now. Unfortunately, as with so many vintage structures, it is slated for demolition rather than re-use.


Believe!
IMG_7087aa.jpg
March 30, 2011 | Comments (1)
On Tilt
NCS_1328.jpg
December 16, 2008 | Comments (2)
Nunnery Graf
NCS_1330.jpg
December 14, 2008 | Comments (3)
Vacant
NCS_1319.jpg
December 12, 2008 | Comments (5)
Bedroom
IMG_5064a-1a.jpg
November 30, 2007 | Comments (0)
Prayers
IMG_5035a.jpg
November 29, 2007 | Comments (0)